Spring Cleaning Hacks
Spring has sprung. You know what that means – it’s time to do some deep cleaning. Spring cleaning is a practice that started generations ago when people hunkered down for the winter and heated their homes with coal, cooked on wood stoves, and burned candles and oil for light. Although modern conveniences make coal dust a thing of the past, it’s still a good idea to do a little deep cleaning each year to keep your apartment looking its best.
Check out the following five spring cleaning hacks you can use to make your apartment sparkle this Spring.
- Harness the power of lemons: Cut a lemon in half and use it to scrub hard water stains off kitchen and bathroom faucets. The citric acid in lemons is a safe, natural cleaner that is quite effective against mineral deposits.
- Clean your stovetop with dryer sheets: Take several dryer sheets and thoroughly moisten them. Set them directly on top of burned-on food around burners or anywhere there’s an accumulation of stuck-on food. Let the sheets sit for at least 15 minutes. The damp dryer sheets will loosen the food and double as non-abrasive scouring pads.
- Freshen carpets with baking soda: Sprinkle baking soda on your carpets, rugs, upholstered furniture, and even your mattress. Let the baking soda sit on the surface for at least 30 minutes to absorb odors and loosen dirt particles. Follow up by vacuuming all of the surfaces and then enjoy the fresh smell.
- Easily clean your ceiling fans: Surprisingly, ceiling fans build up dust quickly. While standing on a ladder, enclose one fan blade at a time with the open end of the pillowcase. Gently pull the pillowcase to the end of the blade, trapping the dirt inside the pillowcase. Repeat for the rest of the blades.
- Organize your clothes: Go through your wardrobe, throw away worn out items and donate clothes that don’t fit or you never wear. After storing away your winter wardrobe, try a new method of organizing your spring clothes. Instead of stacking up clothes in your dresser drawers, fold them and store them vertically.
Spring is the perfect time of year to explore Hartford and enjoy the luxurious amenities offered at Park Place Towers. Contact us today to check for availability.