Hartford in the Spring
Hartford, Connecticut is beautiful – it’s fun to visit and a great place to live. Many people state that Hartford in the spring is the best time of the year. It offers wonderful weather and plenty of things to do.
Let’s take a look at what you can expect from Hartford in the spring.
You won’t find yourself getting rained out on many days in Hartford. Yes, there are occasional days with thunderstorms late in the afternoon, but the weather is mild for most of the season. You can expect highs in the mid-40s throughout most of March. As March gives way to April, the weather warms up considerably, ranging into the 60s and 70s.
Things to Do in Hartford
Parks and Wildlife
- Bushnell Park: Bushnell Park is one of the most famous parks in Connecticut. It features a handsomely restored carousel from 1914 with 48 hand-carved horses. It also has an indoor skating park and is open on weekends.
- Fernridge Park and Pool: Kids love Fernridge Park thanks to the kid-friendly facilities. It includes a pond, playground, all the amenities you need for a nice picnic, and a seasonal outdoor pool that opens for spring and summer.
Places for Kids
- Connecticut Science Center: The perfect place for kids and teens to learn the wonders of science. It hosts more than 100 exhibits, a 3D theater with multiple features every day, and educational labs with hands-on activities.
- The Children’s Museum: This exciting museum has been designed especially for the young and young at heart. Not only does it have a slew of interactive exhibits, but it’s also home to a wildlife sanctuary featuring ferrets, turtles, lizards, and many more.
- Hog River Brewing Co.: Hog River is one of the leaders in the local craft brewery scene. You won’t want to miss its top-ranked microbrews, live events, and food trucks. Its friendly, travel-inspired taproom is open from Wednesday through Sunday.
- Side Bar: The Side Bar is one of Hartford’s top spots for drinks in a classy, yet casual atmosphere. As one of downtown’s anchor locations, it features a full restaurant and bar with a $3 happy hour. The service is top notch and the food is delicious!
- Kids Fun Fair: Starting March 24 at 10 a.m., the Kids Fun Fair features games, face painting, kiddie rides, and a petting zoo. Children and young teens can enjoy the baby animal nursery and ride on their choice of a pony, camel, and even an elephant!
- Mark Twain House: The world famous author who helped define American literature lived here from 1874 all the way to 1899. Many of his most beloved works were penned at this faithfully maintained American High Gothic estate.
- Old State House: Built back in 1796, the Old State House is a testament to the colonial era that now houses a fun and educational museum focused on the theme of democracy.
Want to enjoy all the fun of Hartford year-round? Contact Park Place Towers today.